- 8 out of 10 (80%) of our Computer Science Hons students got First Divisions in Part 3 University Exams, 8 First Divisions in B.Com Hons, 2 in Sociology Hons, 2 in English Hons and 3 in Zoology...Hearty Congrats !!!
- Final, Second Merit Lists for Rajganj and Siliguri Campuses have been uploaded. Click the link in the Home Page. Selected students should go to the respective campus for admission within this week.
- First year Siliguri Campus Fee is revised. For any admission related query please contact 7908498390 (Siliguri Campus-for BBA Hons and B.Com Hons & Gen) or 9679323924 (Rajganj Campus-for BA, B.Sc, B.Com Hons & Gen) immediately.
- New II, III B.A. Geography Hons classes begin on 5th July (Thursday) & New II, III B.Sc Classes begin on 9th July 2018 (Monday).
- Congrats to Outgoing Part III Students for the many 1st Divisions! You can collect your Marksheets from the college from 4.7.18 onwards. Bring your admit card. Clear fees dues, if any, first.
- Last Date of Payment of Course Fees (June-Nov) for new Part III B.A, B.Sc & B.Com is 11th June 2018.
- Last Date of Payment of Annual/Session Fees for New Part II B.A, B.Sc & B.Com is 11th June 2018.
About The College
North Bengal St. Xavier’s College is a Christian Minority Institution established in 2007 by Darjeeling Jesuits of North Bengal with permanent affiliation to University of North Bengal. The college offers undergraduate courses in Arts, Science, Commerce and Business Administration. It also offers UGC-affiliated career oriented courses. The medium of instruction in the college is English. Students coming from vernacular medium institutions are encouraged to attend Special English Language classes offered by the college... [read more]
Darjeeling Jesuits, members of the Society of Jesus, took the initiative to establish three University Colleges in North Bengal and Sikkim. St. Joseph's College at North Point, Darjeeling, was established in 1927. Loyola College of Education in Namchi, Sikkim, came into existence in 1993, as the Jesuit contribution to the people of Sikkim. North Bengal St. Xavier's College at Rajganj was established in 2007, modeled after the famous St. Xavier's College, Kolkata, which traces its origin to 1860. Here we may also note that the Jesuits were invited by the Royal Government of Bhutan in early 1970s to pioneer modern education in Bhutan, and after helping the Bhutan Government to establish a network of Residential Schools our efforts culminated in the establishment of the very first college of Bhutan - Sherubtse College in Kanglung near Tashiganj. ... [read more]
Recently all the Jesuits involved in the Colleges in Darjeeling Jesuits Province came together to review our efforts to evolve a common Statement of Vision. While reviewing the quality of our educational efforts a consensus emerged that there is a perceptible qualitative difference among most of the graduates of our colleges. Empirically this difference may be seen in the following aspects: their overall excellence in academics, social commitment, leadership qualities, and professional lives; their employability, because our graduates tend to be preferred by the employers; their growth in maturity; and their sense of belonging and loyalty to their alma mater. It was agreed that such qualitative, positive difference is largely because of our efforts to combine academic excellence with various co-curricular activities as an essential part of our system, the culture of our campuses where trust, respect and collaboration are actively fostered at all levels, and the atmosphere of our campuses where close interaction among the administration, staff and students are predominant. [Hide Content]